July 11, 2022
'Walks Through History' Summer Programme
The Gibraltar National Museum will once again be offering the very popular ‘Walks Through History’ on a weekly basis from 10:00-11:30 as part of the Summer Sports and Leisure Programme. As in other years, these events are designed for children between 9 and 12 years of age.
The ‘Walks Through History’ activities are designed to take children back in time by making history come alive as they tour different parts of Gibraltar and talk about its past. Some of the events will be structured as hands-on workshops where children will learn how past cultures hunted for food and expressed themselves in art – having a go at it themselves of course! They will even get the chance to become archaeologists for a day, as they learn how to excavate a site from a real archaeologist!
Parents, or guardians, are welcome to accompany children but there is a maximum limit of 15 children per group. Bookings are on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and any COVID-19 restrictions that may be in place at the time, following any instruction from Public Health Gibraltar, will need to be adhered to.
- Wed 13-Jul Tour: Explore the Great Siege Tunnels
- Wed 20-Jul Tour: Neanderthals and Dolphins: a boat tour of the Gorham’s Cave Complex
- Wed 27-Jul Workshop: How to be an Archaeologist
- Wed 03-Aug Tour: Explore the WWII Tunnels
- Wed 10-Aug Workshop: Art and Hunting in the Palaeolithic
- Wed 17-Aug Tour: Discover the History of Rosia Bay
Tel: 200 74289
May 22, 2020
April 10, 2020
January 24, 2020
January 21, 2020